“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vinyl Record Bowl

I posted this the other day on Junk Revolution Community forums, so for the record I will add it to my blog!! haha!! I know this has been done before but it is so much fun. I found some records for 10 cents and decided to try one. Othe places on the web have directions and it is so easy, Place record over glass bowl and place on cookie sheet, in a 150 degree oven for about 10 minutes maybe a little less. This is the shape it melted into. Some of the directions said you can shape them when they start to melt. After they are in the shape you desire let cool for 10 minutes and take them off the bowl. It will be cool and hold its shape. This is an old 33 rpm and it would look pretty cool holding candy, peanuts, or how about holding a man's change from his pockets. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I just came across a bunch of old records. Might have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10