The Antique Mall were We started selling our vintage goodies is celebrating its first year anniversary. We started in May, but it all got started last Easter when my brother found out about the new mall. I went to find out about the place and here we are now!
Wow, its been awhile! I've been busy. I thought I would post something I created for our booth, a Mason jar desk organizer.
I found 3 of these jars at a flea market but they did not have the wire part to hold the glass lid on. I knew I could use the lids on other jars so I bought them. The wire basket I got at a yard sale a couple of weeks later, not even thinking about putting the jars in it. Well, sometimes good ideas just happen! I added some jute like twine to the area on the jars where the holes were for the wire.
This could also be used to hold silverware, sewing supplies.....ect....
By the way the Booth is going great, and that's why I haven't had time to post along with Christmas and Life!
Today at a yard sale I got a free sock monkey! After looking around at the yard sale I decides notheing was there for me as I was leaving the lady said, check out the free boxes and take somethig home with you. I stopped and looked just being polite, there under a bunch of normal stuffed animal was this sock monkey, I pulled him out and the lady said his ear needs fixed, do you sew? I said yes I do, the hole was behind his ear and only about an inch long. She also said her soon was afraid of him, I find that funny cause I hate monkeys too! But sock monkeys are fun!
Can you find all the subtle changes I made to him?
1. I took off both ears, took some of the stuffing out and repostioned them on his head.
2. I used the excess stuffing from the ears to put in the hat.
3. Made his neck more defined by adding a tighter yarn.
4. took a pompom off his belly and added it to his arm, he was missing his right arm pompom.and repotioned them higher on his arm.
5. And the most subtle of a change was trimming all his pompoms!