“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Silver Platter Up-cycle

I recently bought this at a yard sale, crepe paper steamers and a silver platter.
( I'll be posting the crepe paper on etsy!)
And I turned it into a magnet photo holder or it could be used for a memo holder, too!
I drilled holes in the platter and added black ribbon t hang it.
Then, I used old buttons and added magnets to the back, yes even the magnets are recycled. I use random pieces of magnets from business cards and calendars.

I also added matching ribbon to the button.
It sure looks nicer than hanging photos on your fridge!



5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea for an old metal plate and some magnets! I admire your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea. So simple and so stinkin' cute! The buttons w/ribbon are the perfect touch. I was just thinking this would be so handy to put the graduating pics on b/c we have people come to visit and they love seeing their friend's pic at someone else's home, so it's nice to have them on display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, thank you soo much for joining my party and you added the perfect reuse. I bought a silver tray the other day. Thanks for reminding me I had it. lol That crepe paper is the perfect color. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea! Looks darling too!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea for photos...
    thanks for sharing it!

    I found your blog through Prior lives...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10