“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Friday, May 29, 2009

Suitcase Dog Bed

When I saw a picture of this on the internet I had to make one for my son's dog Chase. On my hunt for a suitcase I found one at a local shop, and asked if she had anymore, I wanted to find the perfect one and she found this one as she opend it up it fell apart and she said I could have it for free. I bought another one just because she was nice and she had lower prices than other places.
it really didn't matter that it was broken in half because I was going to add a piece of wood at the hinge so it would not close. i made a bed of black shearling and added photos of chase and his owners a bow and a doggy bone made of muslin with his name ironed on with letters.

5 comments:

  1. Your dog bed is darling - great job! And it suits that adorable Chase perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane Thanks for being a folower on my blog...just found your name and your blog this AM, so thought I'd stop by and say hello. What a cute dog bed! I have a collection of old suitcases, but have them stacked with all kinds of "goodies" in them. *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, I love the doggie bed. I may try that for the family cat...hmmm. Thanks for stopping by for a visit at my blog even though it doesn't look as if I have even visited there recently!! haha, been traveling non-stop and hope to grab onto this keyboard more often before long. Great blog here and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To cute..Please visit my blog to see the one that I made for Bella when I first got her.The suitcase I found came from the Salvation Army.Paid $3 for it. Bought pink blankets. The cutest bed..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting picture!! I like this suitcase style dog bed... I have seen huge variety of dog beds at Dog.com...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10