“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Friday, June 10, 2011

Sink and Sewing Base = Herb Garden







I got this sewing machine treadle base a couple of years ago at a yard sale







And the sink is from my sons first house, I had that about 6 years.





So now they each got a "New Home" as an herb garden





Sink is just sat on top, no tools required!

You may like it just as is or...

... add a burlap skirt






Cut burlap the length you want it and measure around the base and add extra, sew in elastic or fold over sew in a casing and add a drawstring, burlap edges are left raw.
Some stenciling if desired

Add top soil and herbs!






Linking up with Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special

Patio Decor



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

11 comments:

  1. Very cool! Great idea, I love it. 8>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I love this! I have everything but the kitchen sink HA! However, I know where I can get one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformation. Good job. LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. It's funny how we see different things. I never would have thought herb garden. When I look at it, I see an outdoor beverage cooler...plug the drain, fill with ice and your favorite chilled drink. When the party's over, remove the drain for the ice to melt away. I think I need 2...one for herbs and one for a beverage cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have an old wringer washing machine that I pulled out of hub's grandma's basement years ago. I keep threatening to get it out and turn it into a "garden sculpture" and now I might just get daring and do something like this with it! Enjoy your lovely fresh herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this project, just wonderful. Cleverly and prettily done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is the neatest herb garden I have ever seen....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every element is exquisite in its own right, and assembled -- a masterpiece! So artfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous!! I'd love for you to share it on Hometalk.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10