“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Console Table Makeover


I just love this darling little console table and love the way it turned out!

Here is the before!


I wanted to make better photos so I tried styling it! I love furniture pieces when they are photographed outdoors. Besides that I have no good place inside!

 If you noticed, this piece only had one knob, with the help of my husband, he measured drilled another hole.
The knobs are from Hobby Lobby,  not really loving them but they could easily be changed out.

This id my favorite photo, I like the branches of the tree in the top of the frame.


 Books, bird, camera and nest, just plucked them off the shelves in the house!

You can see in the photos I distressed the paint with grit 220 sandpaper, I just used black craft paint I had on hand and also used beeswax to finish the piece. 

The best part is distressing!!

 The inside was decoupaged with dictionary pages and Modge Podge. A layer of MP on the furniture and another layer of MP on the page then apply to furniture. I left it dry and then another layer of MP over the pages.

No particular order, just tore the edges, and if it didn't fit just tore it again, I filled in small gaps with small torn pieces.

Note to self, the books on the inside should be over on the other side!!!

Hope you enjoyed this little transformation, as much as I enjoyed creating it and photographing it!

Have a Great JUNKIN DAY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10