“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Painted Empire Dresser

After searching  for a long time I found an empire dresser to paint. I used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in the Boxwood Color, it was a struggle between Lucketts or Boxwood and I am glad it didn't  get to dark. I finished it with the furniture wax, I also used the antiquing wax in some areas.

 Here is the before I painted photo, see the missing blocks on the side under the long grooves right above the "new feet" someone added.

Some close ups of the worn areas.



 This block was missing when I purchased the dresser, my husband cut a piece to fit.









Thanks for looking at my post!
I haven't posted in a long time, only because I didn't take the time and i was trying to figure out how to post with my phone.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your comment om MMS and jusy had to see the dresser. Empire is my weakness and I love yous! I have scrambled so many times to get a post done on Thursday so could post Friday morning to FFF. I'll miss seeing everyone's furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10